Thursday, January 13, 2011

I didn't think we would really get any snow Sunday night but Kenny and I thought we should go ahead and get the four wheelers and snow sled ready.  I sent a text to our children and grandchildren to let them know we were ready for them the next day if enough snow was to fall.  Sure enough we had snow Monday morning !  The first text came "what time is breakfast?" So I took inventory of the biscuit stock in the freezer and we had two.....oops!! We had to pull our resources together and we had a large breakfast.  As soon as my son in laws and daughters had the kitchen clean the crew headed out to hit the snow.  This was the first time my two youngest grandchildren had experienced the snow.  They were bundled and layered so thick they had trouble walking.  They didn't have any trouble riding the sled tho! There was a neighborhood snowball fight that lasted off and on for several hours.  We had soup and sandwiches for lunch.  The little ones took a nap and then for round two in the snow.  The two babies stayed inside with me as I prepared the evening meal.  A roast had been cooking all day in the crock pot .  A big meal was enjoyed by all and was topped off by a homemade chocolate sheet cake made by yours truly.  It was like Christmas day again, just no presents to open.  It was a wonderful day and I enjoyed my family being here all day long.  I am looking for the next excuse that will allow us to spend the day together again.  Letty

No comments:

Post a Comment